Conversion this weekend: We’re updating our software systems June 18-21
At Savings Bank of Walpole, we’re always looking at ways to offer our customers the very best products and services, technology and state-of-the-art security. To that end, we’re making some changes and improvements to our personal and business banking including:
- Enhanced products and services
- Smarter technology
- Better security
In order to do so, we will be updating our banking systems between Thursday, June 18 and Sunday, June 21, 2020. While the update will mostly be happening behind the scenes, there will be times when it affects some of the services you may use—including temporary branch closure and some service downtime.
Limited services June 18-21; all branches & drive-ups closed Saturday, June 20. ATMs will be available.
- Thursday, June 18
Beginning at approximately 5:00 PM, mobile banking, online banking, TellerPhone and online account opening will be unavailable while we begin our system upgrades.
- Friday, June 19
Our locations will be open during normal business hours. However, mobile banking, online banking, TellerPhone and online account opening will be unavailable.
- Saturday, June 20
Our locations will be closed and mobile banking, online banking, TellerPhone and online account opening will remain unavailable.
- Sunday, June 21
Our locations will be closed (as they normally would be on a Sunday), and mobile banking, online banking, TellerPhone and online account opening may still be unavailable.
- Monday, June 22
Back to normal! Our locations will be open and mobile banking, online banking, TellerPhone and online account opening will be back up and running.
After the update there will be some changes to our checking and savings account offerings. Last month, we mailed all of our customers a comprehensive booklet explaining any changes – most of which are beneficial to customers. You can also download these booklets using the links below.
After we mailed this booklet to you, we learned of a few other changes that may impact you and/or your business:
- Check Images – After our system update, check images dated June 18, 2020 and earlier will not be viewable in your online or mobile banking account history. You will be able to view these check images on your paper statements or eStatements – and you can always call us if you need a copy of an image that is not available online. New check images for transactions dated June 19, 2020, and later will be available online and via mobile banking moving forward.
- eStatements – To ensure that your access to statements will not be disrupted, all eStatements will be printed and mailed for the month of June. In addition, due to our system update, eStatements dated prior to June 19, 2020 will temporarily be unavailable online until sometime in July or August. In the meantime, feel free to call us if you need a copy of a deposit statement that is not available online.
Here’s what won’t be changing:
- Your account number(s) will remain the same.
- Your debit card and checks will still work just fine.
- Your automatic deposits and payments will still be processed.*
- The friendly faces here at your local bank will still be here to serve you and our community.
- We’ll still be your local community savings bank as we have been for 145 years.
New services sprouting soon!
Our banking system update is planting seeds for even better local banking— including some great new products and enhancements for you.
COMING BY EARLY 2021:
- Online and mobile banking enhancements, including same-day person-to-person payments and personal financial management tools.
- Mobile Wallet using Apple Pay®, Google Pay or Samsung Pay on your mobile phone or Apple Watch. Just tap, pay, and you’ll be on your way!
- Debit card controls for convenience and security. You will be able to instantly turn a card OFF if it’s lost, stolen or being misused; set personalized spending limits and location restrictions; get notified each time your card is used for specific card activity; and much more.
- Bank at branches and ATMs at 27 locations statewide via SBW and our sister banks, Merrimack County Savings Bank (in the Capital Region) and Meredith Village Savings Bank (in the Lakes Region and Seacoast Region).
- Courtesy Pay Automatic coverage for accidental overdrafts, including checks and Automated Clearing House (ACH) withdrawals, up to a predetermined amount based on your account type.
- Many behind-the-scenes improvements for transaction speed and security.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (603) 352-1822 or 877-WALPOLE.