Buying, refinancing or building, you’ll feel at home with SBW.
Buying, refinancing or building a home is one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. Finding the right mortgage to make it possible can be a daunting experience. With specialists to guide you at every step, you can take comfort in knowing that SBW can make the mortgage process easier. As an experienced local lender, we have a unique understanding of the market and all the regulations. So whether you’re buying, refinancing or building a home, give us a call at (877)-WALPOLE to schedule a visit. And because we know your time is precious, we’ll even come to you!
Buy a Home
Ask our mortgage specialists about the advantages of conventional fixed-rate loans and adjustable-rate mortgages. Together, we’ll find the solution that’s best for you.
Choose the type of loan that fits your needs:
- Fixed rate loans – with a locked in rate for the life of the loan
- Adjustable loans – Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
- Land loans – a variety of ARM programs
- Manufactured Homes – permanently affixed to your land and 1985 or newer
Programs not just for first-time buyers:
Whether this is your first home purchase or not, you may qualify for a number of programs, depending on the type of house you wish to buy.
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority (NHHFA) Loan
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Mortgage
- Rural Development (RD) Loans
- A combination of the above with down payment assistance from NHHFA
Refinance a Home
Is this the best time to refinance your existing mortgage? The answer depends on your situation and your financial goals. If you’re looking for the best way to refinance your home, we’ll walk you through the process and discuss the variety of loan options available to you.
Build a Home
Building a new home can be more exciting and challenging than finding an existing home to purchase. The financing works a little differently, too. But when it’s done, you’ll have the home of your dreams.
- Single Closing – The process of financing the construction of your new home has two phases – construction and mortgage. At SBW, you can secure the loan with one convenient closing. While your house is being built, you pay only interest on construction costs as the money is drawn to build during the construction phase. And when the construction term is complete, the loan switches to a traditional principal and interest loan with the same rate and term you originally closed on.
Make sure you have everything you need to get started.
Trust us to know the unique challenges of financing seasonal, waterfront, or mountainside homes and the many other possibilities that make living in New Hampshire or Vermont so fulfilling.